ABOUT: Welcome to skinsfans, the number one community for the British TV Series "SKINS." It airs Thursdays at 10pm on E4.
01. STAY ON TOPIC: All posts must be about Skins or its main cast members.
02. SUBJECT LINE: All posts must have a subject line. This makes it easier for members to search for posts using the "page summary."
03. TAGS: Please tag all your posts properly.
04. ICONS/GRAPHICS: A) Please link directly to the specific graphics post you're promoting, don't just provide your journal's name/link.
B) At least one of the graphics previews should be Skins-related.
C) When posting graphics directly to the community (not linking to a post in your own journal), please only include Skins-related graphics in the post.
05. LJ-CUTS: Images/embedded videos over 500px wide, fanfiction, and other large amounts of pictures/text belong under an lj-cut.
06. LOCKED POSTS: Don't link to locked posts. The entry must be unlocked and remain that way for a few days.
07. NEWS ABOUT CAST MEMBERS: News posts about cast members must be about the main cast (of all seasons).
08. NEWS/DISCUSSION POSTS: Post all news and discussion posts directly to the community; don't just provide a link to your journal.
09. PROMOTIONS: Individual community/site promotions are not allowed. If you want to be included in our weekly roundup of promotions, submit your promotions here. Fan merchandise, community projects, and requests for help to run a site are considered to be promotions.
10. SEARCHING: Check the tags/pagesummary/links, the search box below, or ask at Ask-A-Mod before you post. You may find that whatever you're posting has been broached before. If it hasn't, then feel free to make a new post.
11. SOURCES: Cite all sources. When posting an article or image(s), do not just post a link to it. At least copy/paste an excerpt of the article or upload an image, and then cite the source at the bottom of the page.
12. BE RESPECTFUL TOWARDS OTHER MEMBERS: Expressing different opinions is fine. Both positive and negative opinions are accepted in regards to the characters/storylines/etc., and debate between members about Skins-related topics is fine and even encouraged. However, bashing or insulting other members is not fine and will not be tolerated.
13. SPOILERS: Put all spoilers (things that reveal information about an episode that has not aired yet) behind an lj-cut and mark them as spoilers. Promos/Trailers/CharacterDiaries are NOT considered spoilers, but FutureEpisodeClips/FilmingPics/EpisodeDescriptions/IconsUsingSpoilerImages ARE considered spoilers. There will be a 24-Hour Spoiler Rule, meaning that even after an episode airs, all images/videos/talk about that episode must be under an lj-cut if you're posting within 24 hours after the episode has aired. Please make sure to specify that your post contains material from the newly aired episode.
Enter multiple search terms for better results. Please also note that locked entries aren't included in the search.
LJ: effyandcook fitchtwins skins_stillness skinsrpf ainsworths skinsiconawards shakespeareshit tonyloveschelle loveskins emily_effyx naomi_x_emily skinslims jjcook skinsmix freffy effys katie_effy skins_rating jackoconnell lilykatlove skinsstillness pasqualinodaily skinsusa skinsland skins_bamfs skinsstamping dailyjackthelad laughingsex werunthistown megandaily
SITES: Cook Fanlisting
If you want to affiliate with us, comment here. (Only Skins-related comms/sites, please. No personal icon comms. And don't forget to link back to us!)
If you have any questions, concerns, etc., ASK-A-MOD will give you the fastest reply. You may also message the mods privately:
DIVINE_SARCASM, QUICKSAND, IMMORTALITY, and/or TOTHESTARS.
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!